I’ve been scripting this “what else is on TV apart from the Tremendous Bowl” column for a really very long time now, and I feel this is perhaps the final. Why? Streaming. Who the hell scrolls via the channels on stay TV anymore? Nobody. However let’s ship this out with a bang, lets? I’m going to focus on the 8 p.m. hour. So right here goes: In the event you’re not gonna watch the Tremendous Bowl, listed here are 20 different choices on your Sunday night viewing pleasure …
1) “Columbo: The Forgotten Woman” on MeTV: I imply, that’s not a foul selection, proper? A two-hour “Columbo” flick? Stars Janet Leigh, besides. Name your grandma, watch it along with her.
2) “America’s Funniest Residence Movies” on ABC: This present has been on because the Fillmore administration, and my son has simply found it. And I’ll let you know what: I’m nonetheless laughing at dudes getting hit within the nuts by their youngsters.
3) “Southwest Florida’s Mangrove Coast” on PBS: Provided that you’re actually, actually, actually excessive.
4) “2020 Pickleball Championship” on ESPN2: That is what a sports activities community counterprograms in opposition to when going up in opposition to the Tremendous Bowl. Not gonna lie: If I bear in mind, I’m going to peek in on this.
5) “Two and Half Males” marathon on TVLand: By no means watched a single episode of this present. Am I lacking something?
6) “Sing” on FX: Legit nice household transfer. Can’t advocate extra. Forty % probability my 7-year-old commandeers the tv to look at it for the 472th time.
7) “Hoarders” marathon on A&E: Once you need to really feel superior to different people, that is the present for you.
8) “Schitt’s Creek” marathon on Comedy Central: I gotta get round to bingeing this present. Not going to start out tonight, however at some point. It’s on the checklist.
9) “Legislation and Order: Particular Victims Unit” on USA: How does the “Legislation and Order” franchise not have its personal devoted channel already? There have been – that is nuts – 1,178 episodes of the franchise up to now. Run 12 a day (repeating as soon as) and it could take nearly 99 days to get via the complete collection. Speak about a binge.
10) “Saved by the Bell” marathon on E!: Pour one out for Screech, RIP.
11) “Chopped” marathon on the Meals Community: I actually do like this present, however I hate how dessert is a class. Can’t we’ve got “simply acquired excessive and gonna watch ‘Southwest Florida’s Mangrove Coast’ snack competitors as a substitute?
12) “Pet Bowl” on the Animal Planet: Should-see TV for about 12 seconds after which it’s like, “You guys wanna watch some pickleball?”
13) “1,000 Pound Sisters” on TLC: See: “Hoarders.”
14) “Impractical Jokers” marathon on TruTV: Love this present. Legitimately made my relationship with my son stronger. Been that means to put in writing about this. I’ll get round to it. Anybody know Murr, by the best way? He lives in Princeton, and I’d like to interview him.
15) “Legislation and Order” marathon on WETV: Ever heard of this present?
16) “The Golden Ladies” marathon on Hallmark: This present is underrated. For actual. Caustic humor. Actually humorous. I extremely advocate it. Not even kidding.
17) “Apollo 13” on Ovation: Love this film. Discovering out right here there’s truly a ton of stuff I form of need to watch tonight. Perhaps it will likely be an early blowout? Fingers crossed.
18) “Trip” of IFC: Oh come on. May be my favourite Chevy Chase film.
19) “Ghostbusters” on IFC: Actually? Man, how am I going to decide on between this and “Trip?”
And eventually …
20) “Sanford and Son” marathon on ONE: I’m comin’, Elizabeth!